FOR HAWAII’S FUTURE
Committed to Achieving Hawaii’s 100 Percent Renewable Energy Goal
“NextEra has the financial clout and experience that can help Hawaiian Electric build a grid network that will benefit our community for generations to come. This merger makes sense for Hawaii.”
– Dean Okimoto, Nalo Farms
“Every family and business in Hawaii is affected by high electricity costs. Partnering with NextEra Energy could bring affordability and economic stability to our communities and help us achieve our clean energy goals.“
– Christine Camp, Avalon Group
“From both a business and community perspective, this merger makes tremendous sense. NextEra brings resources and expertise, and has committed to almost $1 billion in customer savings and community benefits”
– Gladys Quinto Marone, BIA Hawaii
“NextEra Energy has committed to full local management and to institute a local board representing the community. NextEra Energy’s infusion of new investments will create jobs, drive spending at local businesses and stimulate overall economic activity.”
– Eddie Flores, Jr., L&L Hawaiian Barbecue
“With its extremely strong balance sheet and equally strong credit rating, NextEra Energy will be able to invest at much lower borrowing costs, which means more money stays in our pockets as customers. This is an opportunity our community cannot afford to miss.”
– Stanford Carr, Stanford Carr Development
It’s their future we are creating today.
Committed to Saving Customers Money
Working together to achieve a common vision – a 100 percent renewable energy future with lower customer bills.
NextEra Energy is no stranger to Hawaii and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC has been an active developer of renewable and other energy projects in Hawaii for the past several years, including solar, wind, battery storage and undersea cable. Customers and communities will benefit from the NextEra Energy-Hawaiian Electric Merger through:
- NextEra Energy’s commitments including nearly $1 billion in customer savings and economic benefits, including $60 million in guaranteed customer savings.
- NextEra Energy accelerating Hawaiian Electric’s development of more modern grids throughout the islands through the deployment of smart meters, including time-of-use rate options, by approximately two years.
- NextEra Energy’s pledge to maintain Hawaiian Electric’s 2014 levels of charitable giving of at least $2.2 million annually for a minimum of 10 years and to preserve local headquarters, local management and the Hawaiian Electric name.